The Sacrament of Penance at Saint Thomas Aquinas Church
During these difficult times, our Parish will continue the limited celebration of the Sacrament of Penance, with some required changes.
Father Sullivan will hear Confessions on Wednesdays from 6 – 8 pm in the Saint Thomas Activity Center.
To ensure everyone’s safety, confessions will be heard by appointment only, scheduled in five-minute increments.
How it works / What to expect:
* Appointments will be scheduled in sequential order so as not to leave gaps of time between penitents.
* Request your appointment by calling (740) 453-3301, option 6. Messages will be returned during business hours with your scheduled time. Your name is not required, to maintain anonymity.
* Arrive no more than five minutes before your scheduled time.
* Knights of Columbus will be available outside at the Entrance and Exit so you will not have to touch door handles.
* Masks or some other facial covering are highly recommended.
* Enter by way of the parking lot door labeled ENTER.
* You and Father will be the only ones in the Activity Center. You will stand six feet away from Father’s back, who will be seated facing the altar. In your regular speaking voice tell Father your sins. This is not a time for a spiritual conversation. Be brief and to the point.
* Father will hear your confession, give you absolution and a penance which you can do at home.
* Exit the Activity Center by way of the vestibule door labeled EXIT.
* Return to your automobile and depart, not forgetting to complete your penance when you return home.
Click Here for an Examination of Conscience recommended by Father Sullivan