Second Round Draft Proposal for Region 4 South
Please go to this link and watch the video for the Second Draft Proposal for Region “4 South” (Muskingum and Perry Counties)
At the end of the video, fill out the accompanying survey in a calm and constructive manner, based on the Saint Thomas Response to the current Proposal.
Your responses will help to inform a final Proposal which will be presented to the new Bishop.
Click Draft Model 2 Response for the Saint Thomas Response to the Second Diocesan Proposal.
Your response is essential.
Celebrating Saint Patrick’s Day
Celebrating Saint Patrick’s Day
This year is the 180th Anniversary of the Laying of the Cornerstone of Saint Thomas Aquinas Church.
The ceremony was conducted on March 17, 1842. Though the Muskingum River was covered with iced, and snow piled deep upon the ground, frozen iron-hard by an exceptionally cold winter, the ceremonies were conducted with much solemnity and reverence. Unanticipated multitudes of faithful Catholics from miles around, accompanied by their curious and sympathetic neighbors, witnessed the sacred rite dedicating the foundation and building of the new church to the Glory of God in Honor of Saint Thomas Aquinas.
We will commemorate that historic and sacred moment at Saint Thomas Aquinas on Saint Patrick’s Day, Thursday, March 17, with several events.
Following the precedent of last year’s Diocesan Lenten 40 Days of Eucharistic Adoration, Saint Thomas will begin our participation in that spiritual event on Thursday, March 17, with Exposition and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament beginning at 1 pm in the Activity Center. Adoration will continue throughout the afternoon and into the evening, concluding with Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament at 7 pm.
The celebration of the Mass in Honor of Saint Patrick will immediately follow. Father Sullivan will be the principal celebrant, accompanied by other priests of the Diocese of Columbus. A light reception will follow in the school cafeteria.
Come and celebrate this sacred and historic commemoration as we come together before the Lord–Ever Present in the Blessed Sacrament– to give thanks to him for 180 years of faith and family!
St. Thomas Case Statement for Support Roofing Repair & Restoration Project
St Thomas Case Study
Parish Survey Update
We Want Your Feedback!
ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT!
Throughout Lent, parishioners at every parish are being given the opportunity to participate in diocesan-wide survey called the Disciple Maker Index that looks at all aspects of parish life. This 75-question survey is available in hard copy at all parishes and digitally on all parish websites as a survey link between now and March 22. Don’t miss your chance to participate! IT IS CRITCAL THAT YOU PARTICIPATE IN THIS SURVEY FOR THE GOOD OF OUR PARISH! REMEMBER EVERY MEMBER OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD OVER 18 CAN PARTICPATE IN THE SURVEY!
Click here for Survey
To date we have a total of 255 surveys have been completed. Thank you for your Participation.
The Diocese of Columbus announces Real Presence, Real Future, a strategic initiative aimed at expanding the presence of Christ throughout the Diocese over the next two years and preserving the Faith for future generations. Watch the message from Bishop Brennan:
This initiative aims to re-imagine how the Church serves her people through a process or listening to the needs of the people, hearing their ideas, concerns, and desires. This planning and consultation phase will be held throughout 2021 and the findings will be implemented over the next few years. The full scope of the Real Presence, Real Future initiative will prepare the Diocese to increase its Catholic presence over the next 10 to 20 years and is intended to meet the many needs of the Diocese of Columbus’ diverse areas and ethnicities, emphasizing the utilization of active diocesan priests and deacons, mission-oriented parishes and schools, and all other available resources.
Real Presence, Real Future Priorities:
- Engaging all Catholics to reflect upon the real presence of the Lord in their lives and how they can share that presence with others.
- Articulating a plan for a comprehensive Catholic presence for each county/deanery by integrating missionary outreach, parish and school footprints, and leadership requirements for the next five years.
- Defining and developing the necessary Diocesan resources structures to support priests, deacons, and lay leaders in parishes and schools.
Real Presence, Real Future will be driven by six evangelization subcommittees:
- Forming parish missionary disciples
- Increasing the Catholic presence and outreach to university campuses
- Using digital and social communications for evangelization
- Deploying lay missionaries in parishes and schools
- Forming Catholic school faculty and staff in missionary discipleship
- Creating a soft-entry center focused on outreach to the religiously non-affiliated
Stay informed about Real Presence, Real Future
- Log on to the Real Presence, Real Future website www.realpresencerealfuture.org as the primary source for information about this initiative and will be routinely updated to provide the latest information and opportunities for feedback and consultation.
- Attend parish-level consultations in the fall to hear first-hand how this will impact your parish and grow the presence of the Church throughout the Diocese of Columbus.
- Read information in The Catholic Times, as well as other news sources such as St. Gabriel Radio AM 820/FM 88.3.
- Subscribe to the monthly Real Presence, Real Future e-newsletter. This monthly email will provide updates about this initiative and keep people informed throughout this two-year process. You can sign up here: https://realpresencerealfuture.org/stay-updated/
Important Message from Bishop Brennan
Please click below regarding the important message from Bishop Brennan about Real Presence, Real Future.
Real Presence, Real Future | Announcement – YouTube